About Your Appointment
We want to provide all of our participants good customer service, making sure that every individual receives the attention they need to be well. The following tips will help us help you while also ensuring that we can help others as well.
Arriving 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment is always a good idea!
New patients will need this time in order to complete “New Patient” forms.
Returning patients should also plan on arriving 15 minutes early to update medical records and contact information whenever needed.
If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will try to work you in as availability permits. If you are late and there is no way to work you into the schedule, you may be asked to reschedule.
Please, always let us know at least 24 hours in advance should you need to cancel an appointment so we may accommodate someone else who is in need of an appointment.
What to Bring
Please bring the following:
- Two forms of identification (driver’s license, State ID, Tribal ID, passport, government ID).
- Current health insurance card.
- A list of current medications including the dosage or bring the actual prescription bottles.
- A list of other physicians or other locations of care you may currently be utilizing.
- Current immunization records.
- Discharge paperwork from hospital visits.
If this is your first visit, you can save time before your appointment by printing and completing the following Patient Forms in the comfort of your own home:
If you have any questions about any of the forms, please contact a Customer Service Representative at a location near you.